FROM ITALY WITH LOVE
Casas del Bosque is located 70 km from Santiago, the capital of Chile, and 30 km from the port of Valparaíso (UNESCO World Heritage Site). In 1993 the Italian descendants Cúneo family established the winery in the Casablanca Valley, one of the coolest spots in the area.
Today Casas del Bosque exports about 80% of the wines to more than 50 countries around the world. The other 20% is distributed throughout Chile.
Casas del Bosque is one of the most important wineries in Casablanca. It has gained great prestige over the years, and in 2013 and 2014 the prestigious International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) chose the winery as the “Chilean Wine Producer of the Year”.
Currently the vineyard has 235 hectares planted, exclusively dedicated to the production of vitis vinifera grape varieties that enjoy the cool-climate.
One of Casa del Bosque’s biggest strengths is its soil. In the hills, red clay composites of volcanic origin sit on top of decomposed granite layers formed 110 million years ago beneath the Pacific Ocean.